The structure of the programme is made up of four semesters of classroom, laboratory, workshop and practical
activities in the institution – and a period at least 3 months of supervised industrial attachment.
Each semester shall have 17 weeks duration made up as follows:-
15 contact weeks of learning and practical applications 2 weeks for examinations and registration.
The National Diploma programme is designed to produce technically competent manpower to meet the National requirements in the areas of Telecommunication Technology.
A product of ND in Telecommunication Technology should be able to:
- Assemble, Install and test run telecommunication system.
- Carryout routine/preventive and corrective maintenance on telecommunication system.
- Select and use appropriate instruments to carryout simple tests and measurements on telecommunication system under various operating conditions.
- Operate telecommunication systems and installations with appropriate software whenever the need arises.
- Troubleshoot and repair faulty telecommunication systems with basic diagnostic tools and equipments.
- Carryout supervision of installation projects on telecommunication systems.
- Start small and medium scale enterprises that would provide ICT solutions.
- Design and build simple telecommunication systems.
- Assist in the management and administration of telecommunication networks for optimum utilization.
The general entry requirements for the NIED program are:
- Five credits in Mathematics, Physics, English and, any other two subjects from the following: Technical Drawing, Basic Electricity,Further Mathematics and Agricultural Science.or
- National Vocational Certificate (NVC) in any of the approved related trades or craft., or
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC) with credit passes in the five relevant subjects., or
- Matured candidates with degree or equivalent in any other discipline.