The structure of the programme is made up of four semesters of classroom, laboratory, workshop and practical
activities in the institution – and a period at least 3 months of supervised industrial attachment.
Each semester shall have 17 weeks duration made up as follows:-
15 contact weeks of learning and practical applications 2 weeks for examinations and registration.
The National Diploma programme is designed to produce skilled software technicians who should be able to solve a wide
range of problems by the systematic development and evaluation of large, high quality software systems. It is also designed to equip students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise that will prepare them to successfully meet the challenges of various senior management IT roles.
A product of ND in Computer Software Engineering should be able to:
- Develop and maintain software.
- Detect technical faults in a Computer installation.
- Design and test software to optimize its production and support.
- Design and run efficient programmes in a wide spectrum of fields, and in various languages.
- Install a computer system.
- Produce large, high quality software systems.
- Advise on the installation of Computer facilities.
- Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of Computer facilities.
- Work with a team on a project.
- Become an employer of labour in a self-owned enterprise.
A product of NID in Computer Software Engineering should be able to:
- Five (5) credit level passes in GCE “O” level or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) at not more than two sittings.
- The five subjects must include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English language and any other subject.
- National Vocational Certificate (NVC, Final) in Computer Studies from an approved Vocational Enterprise Institution (VEI).