The structure of the programme is made up of four semesters of classroom, laboratory, workshop and practical activities in the institution – and a period at least 3 months of supervised industrial attachment.
Each semester shall have 17 weeks duration made up as follows:- 15 contact weeks of learning and practical applications 2 weeks for examinations and registration.
The National Diploma programme is designed to equip the students with creative and designing skills which would give them an opportunity to move in the various fields of digital media. In addition, students will develop and produce impressive motion graphics for possible inclusion in a final portfolio with articulated written plans, which would lead to their own unique portfolio.
A product of ND in MultiMedia Technology should be able to:
- Develop and maintain software.
- Detect technical faults in a Computer installation.
- Design and test software to optimize its production and support.
- Design and run efficient programmes in a wide spectrum of fields, and in various languages.
- Install a computer system.
- Produce large, high quality software systems.
- Advise on the installation of Computer facilities.
- Carry out routine (preventive) maintenance of Computer facilities.
- Work with a team on a project.
- Become an employer of labour in a self-owned enterprise.
A product of NID in Computer Software Engineering should be able to:
- have completed senior secondary school and obtained 5 credits at NECO or WAEC at not more than two (2) sittings in the following: Mathematics,English, Any Science subject – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agric. Science Fine Art/Technical Drawing, Any of the Social Sciences – Economics, History, Literature in English, Geography
- Completion of a relevant Vocational Enterprise programme
- Graduates of tertiary institutions